Wednesday 8 April 2009

Taking shape.

A 2nd photo of this piece, I bezelled 7 8mm swarovski pearls, attached them on to brick stitch triangles and sewed the triangles to form a flower shape. It was a fairly labour intensive task, I'm quite proud of myself as I have recently become fairly lazy & focused on instant gratification projects in my beading. I am hoping to change that though as I would like to improve my skills and take a step up. I am hoping that committing to this multi-component piece will help me move towards that goal. I have hit a stop at the moment as the green 11's which I bought to make a rope really don't look good with the green in the flower and I only noticed in natural light at home. I have to buy more of the delica's and that way I'll be sure that the base of the necklace and the other bits work well together. In the meantime I am back to the instant gratification projects!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

I really like it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty

b. said...

...and a wonderful piece again!

Happy Easter
b.

Ági mama said...

Bravo !!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I like it!!!

squash said...

You're still teasing us... can't wait to see the final pice!

Cristina said...

Gostei muito, lindo mesmo

Arte com Brilhos said...

Trop beau.

Gill Slone - Beadography said...

Love this - component beading is simply wonderful and high up my beading list.